Re: Strange Lead Scoring Behavior

peterleecarfax
Level 1

Strange Lead Scoring Behavior

Hi all,

I recently took ownership of a lead scoring program that was created under my predecessor.  As part of the program, she had built a Bad Behavior smart campaign, meant to reset the overall lead score "Score - BIG" to equal just the "Demographic Score".  Essentially, the campaign removed "Behavioral Score" from the "Behavioral Score" + "Demographic Score" = "Score - BIG" equation. It is meant to run when someone unsubscribes, is Marketing Suspended, Email Invalid, etc.

I've been seeing some strange behavior with this campaign, including this latest example.taylor1.PNG

As you can see the campaign made this one lead score jump 40 points. The lead got +40 for unsubscribing, which obviously isn't supposed to happen:

taylor2.PNG

I've tried to figure this out with 4 different colleagues and so far have come up empty, so figured I'd try my luck here. Last two screenshots are of the smart campaign itself.

taylor3.PNGtaylor4.PNG

Thanks in advance for any help!

Peter

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@peterleecarfax ,

You've provided lots of great detail here.

Probably the one thing that is missing - have you confirmed value of {{lead.Demographic score (c)}} at the time the smart campaign is executed?

Cheers

Jo

peterleecarfax
Level 1

Hi Jo,

Thanks for the help! The {{lead.Demographic score (c)}} before the smart campaign is executed would just be their assigned demographic score based on various factors such as job title, industry, etc. I'm not sure I understand why the number value would matter in this case.  The campaign is just attempting to eliminate any Behavioral score and reset their overall score (Score - BIG, and Person Score) to whatever the Demographic score is.

The weird part is that its in some cases causing 40 point jumps in scores for no discernable reason.

Thanks again for engaging on this topic!

Best

Peter

Jo_Pitts1

@peterleecarfax ,

I think you need to validate the demographic score of these individuals.

Given you are just resetting to the demographic score, it suggests that the process by which you sum demo/behavioural scores together isn't working properly?

Depending on timezones and availability, I'm happy to take a look.  Send me a private message if that'd be helpful for you.

Cheers

LucasMachado
Level 2

Hello Peter,

In this example, what was the lead demographic score?

Not related to the case, you are using advanced filters for a trigger smart campaign. Triggers in smart campaigns always use the "any filter" between them.

Jo_Pitts1

@LucasMachado 

@LucasMachado wrote:

Not related to the case, you are using advanced filters for a trigger smart campaign. Triggers in smart campaigns always use the "any filter" between them.

This is why they don't have numbering on them.  You can't actually control the way in which boolean logic is applied to them.  It isn't really even a case of there being an "any filter" - they are just unfiltered entry triggers.

Cheers

Jo