Re: Static List Bulk (Deletion)

DJ_Erraballi
Level 2

Static List Bulk (Deletion)

Hi, 

This is a bit of a multiparter, but the first is the most important: 

1. is there a way to bulk delete leads from a static list. At the moment the rest api seems to limit me to 300 per request, which means if i need to delete 30k records i will have to call the api 100 times. 

The other parts are: 

2. On bulk import if a specify a static list id to import to, the operation is additive, but the batchId is also tied to the static list Id. Because the static list id is the same as the batchId, this means i cannot import into the static list w/ more than one batch at a time. Is that a known limitation of bulk import? I am importing very large lists of 20k+, so even with the bulk i need to split it up due to import size limits. It would be nice to be able to create more than one batch at a time. 

(3 is sort of an off-shoot of 2) 

3. while having unique batchIds for each static list import would definitely work, perhaps a cleaner solution would be to provide a batch static list insert api. That way i can bulk import leads, and then given those lead ids, attach them to a static list. 

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

1. is there a way to bulk delete leads from a static list. At the moment the rest api seems to limit me to 300 per request, which means if i need to delete 30k records i will have to call the api 100 times.

Bulk import to a tombstone list, trigger anyone added to that list to be deleted in a flow.

2. On bulk import if a specify a static list id to import to, the operation is additive, but the batchId is also tied to the static list Id. Because the static list id is the same as the batchId, this means i cannot import into the static list w/ more than one batch at a time. Is that a known limitation of bulk import?

Yes.

DJ_Erraballi
Level 2

Could i through the api setup this tombstone list, and trigger deltion on a different list? Or would some of this configuration have to be done in the api? If so its probably not a feasible solution for us as we are managing multiple clients worth of marketo instances programatically. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The Smart Campaign to process the tombstone list needs to be set up in the UI.