SOLVED

Re: Start Date in SFDC Campaigns

Go to solution
Shailendra_Dube
Level 2

Start Date in SFDC Campaigns

How can i add start date in SFDC campaigns in Marketo? In salesfore campaign report Start Date is showing as blank & status is showing as Planning.

Any help from experts is very helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ashley_Langfor2
Level 2 - Champion

You'll need to make those changes manually in SFDC on the specific campaign.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Hi Shailendra,

Can you clarify what you're trying to do exactly?  When I just checked my list of constraints when using the "Member of SFDC Campaign" filter in Marketo, I don't see start date as an option unfortunately. Additionally, the "status" field you see in the constraints dropdown refers to the contact's status within the campaign (Sent/Responded, etc.), NOT the campaign's status.

campaign-constraints.jpg

If you expand upon your use case there might be a workaround or something else you can do to get what you need!

Thanks,

Chris

Shailendra_Dube
Level 2

When creating a NEW SFDC campaign from a Marketo program, is there any way to automatically set the campaign status to "Open" with a start date? Currently, in Salesforce it creates the campaign with a status of "Planning" with no start date.

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

I don't believe Marketo has the ability to edit the campaign details themselves, only add/remove/monitor membership and the details of those individuals.

Cathy_Danahy
Level 2

I am looking to do the same.

Thoughts were to create Custom Program Fields in Marketo for our users to populate when they created the Marketo Programs.  Our SFDC Admins would have to manually populate SFDC Campaigns with these Program fields OR find an APP that could shuttle the data into SFDC.

Has anyone done this as of yet?

Seems like a no brainer - standard ask between AUTOMATION platforms.  Just saying.

Shailendra_Dube
Level 2

Oh, but if don't have start date then we will not be able to create report for campaigns in Saleforce.

Ashley_Langfor2
Level 2 - Champion

You'll need to make those changes manually in SFDC on the specific campaign.