SOLVED

Standard Salesforce "Asset" object missing some records - anyone have this issue?

Go to solution
Sheila-SEMI
Level 3

Standard Salesforce "Asset" object missing some records - anyone have this issue?

We have been syncing the Salesforce "Asset" object to Marketo through the Contact. For the most part, the Assets have been syncing to Marketo with no issue and we are able to use them in dynamic lists to send emails, etc.

I have recently discovered that about 10% of the contacts that have Assets are missing their assets in Marketo. I have verified that there is not a sync issue with the contact record. I can see the Asset in SFDC through the related list on the Contact. I have tried manually updating a field in the asset record and I've also tried updating a field on the contact record. The field on the contact record is updated in Marketo. The asset record never ends up syncing to Marketo (ie on these contacts, the "Add to Asset" activity type is not visible in the person's Marketo activity log. 

I can't figure out any reason for the sync to not be working in 10% of the cases. Has anyone experienced this and do you have any ideas on how to fix? 

Thanks for your help,
Sheila

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sheila-SEMI
Level 3

Re: Standard Salesforce "Asset" object missing some records - anyone have this issue?

Wanted to provide and update for @Josh_Hill13 and @derelict_wombat as well as anyone else that sees this post.

This is the standard SFDC "Asset" object that is associated through the "Contact" object. 

Support was able to confirm that the sync for the Asset object had stopped working. They started it again on the backend and thought all was good. But after the first sync completion (not all records were updated as there was a backlog), the sync stopped working again.

Support then had me refresh the schema for the Asset object. They aren't sure why there was a failure but after the refresh, on the backend, they kicked off the sync for the Asset object and all has been running ok for the past 10 days.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Standard Salesforce "Asset" object missing some records - anyone have this issue?

is this a custom Asset object?

does the marketo user have visibility to see this group of records? Is there something special about this 10%?

Did you ask Support for help here? Could be a variety of reasons and maybe it requires an object or schema refresh (hopefully not).

derelict_wombat
Level 4

What object in SFDC is the asset associated with? Is it the Contact Object itself or could it be associated with another object such the Account?  

Sheila-SEMI
Level 3

Wanted to provide and update for @Josh_Hill13 and @derelict_wombat as well as anyone else that sees this post.

This is the standard SFDC "Asset" object that is associated through the "Contact" object. 

Support was able to confirm that the sync for the Asset object had stopped working. They started it again on the backend and thought all was good. But after the first sync completion (not all records were updated as there was a backlog), the sync stopped working again.

Support then had me refresh the schema for the Asset object. They aren't sure why there was a failure but after the refresh, on the backend, they kicked off the sync for the Asset object and all has been running ok for the past 10 days.