SOLVED

Standard Operational Campaigns Checklist

Go to solution
omarsanchez
Level 2

Standard Operational Campaigns Checklist

Hello

After building a data health audit I'm working on setting up operational campaigns to fix some of the issues had found. So far I got the following strategies checklist in mind:

• Unsubscribes management.
  • Email invalids and empty email management.
  • Leads marketability management.
  • Program to manage block-listed leads.
  • Program to manage marketing suspended leads.
  • Program to report and process duplicates.
  • Data normalization strategies (city, state, country, and other string fields).

In your experience what would be other general operational campaigns or strategies to include in the checklist to handle global data management that could apply to all clients and instances?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Standard Operational Campaigns Checklist

I'd say this depends on the state of your database and your use case. Generally speaking: Any field that is used in segmentations or scoring should be better be normalized. In addition to the fields you mentioned, that would be e.g. Language, Industry, Company Size, Annual Revenue or Region. 

And in addition to your activity tracking campaigns, you could think about deletion of persons, marking someone active or inactive, or tracking last email clicked date.

Always have in mind that you will usually also need a campaign that covers the other direction. If you set somebody to not marketable, make sure there's also a campaign that sets somebody back to marketable should the circumstances change.

Another important consideration: Do you want these normalizations run nightly in batches or would you rather implement them in your new-person-intake flows. And take a look a the new executable campaign type. These look very promising for this kind of work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Standard Operational Campaigns Checklist

I'd say this depends on the state of your database and your use case. Generally speaking: Any field that is used in segmentations or scoring should be better be normalized. In addition to the fields you mentioned, that would be e.g. Language, Industry, Company Size, Annual Revenue or Region. 

And in addition to your activity tracking campaigns, you could think about deletion of persons, marking someone active or inactive, or tracking last email clicked date.

Always have in mind that you will usually also need a campaign that covers the other direction. If you set somebody to not marketable, make sure there's also a campaign that sets somebody back to marketable should the circumstances change.

Another important consideration: Do you want these normalizations run nightly in batches or would you rather implement them in your new-person-intake flows. And take a look a the new executable campaign type. These look very promising for this kind of work.