Spike traffic from Boardman, Oregon after I launched an email campaign

Emanuela_Cecche
Level 2

Spike traffic from Boardman, Oregon after I launched an email campaign

This week I launched an email campaign using Marketo linking a page on my website. Most visitors coming from this campaign had the following information:

• country > US
  • city > Boardman, Oregon
  • device > desktop
  • network domain > amazonaws.com
  • time on site > less than 1 sec.
  • bounce rate > 100%

I also realized that every time I send out an email blasting from Marketo I have traffic from Boardman that is related to the number of emails sent.

Why GA is not able to track the real information of my visitors instead of showing Google Data Center information? How can I fix this issue?

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Spike traffic from Boardman, Oregon after I launched an email campaign

I also realized that every time I send out an email blasting from Marketo I have traffic from Boardman that is related to the number of emails sent.

Why GA is not able to track the real information of my visitors instead of showing Google Data Center information? How can I fix this issue?

Seems like multiple questions stuffed into one.

First of all, GA isn't related to Marketo   So ultimately you're asking about a non-Marketo analytics report.

Second, Amazon Web Services is not a "Google Data Center" (wow, you'd really get some people angry with that one!).

Third, you're making the assumption that these pageviews are not actually coming from, exactly as they say, an Amazon AWS host in Boardman, OR (the AWS us-west-2 region). Chances are these are automated mail scanners which, like many, are hosted on private servers in a public cloud.