Sorting a Marketo Custom Object - based on what triggered the campaign

Yuko_Takagi
Level 2

Sorting a Marketo Custom Object - based on what triggered the campaign

We have SFDC custom object called "Subscription" that's sync to Marketo. Subscription contains information about customers.
It is connected to person record through "Influencer" object that connects Subscription and Contacts.

I would like to trigger campaigns for customers based on information in Subscription and use tokens (the email script tokens) for the email contents.

The problem I have is that some contact have multiple subscription and the contents of the email can be mismatch with what triggered the email.

Let's say the trigger says "When Subscription Renewal is within 2 months" but the email contents can pick up the newer subscription that was created more recently.

I know there is a ways to sort the marketo custom object using velocity but are there ways to do this using the information of what triggered the campaign?

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Sorting a Marketo Custom Object - based on what triggered the campaign

Are you using ${TriggerObject}? I'm a little confused about how your leads are getting the wrong content in this scenario, if you're using a trigger SC.

Yuko_Takagi
Level 2

Re: Sorting a Marketo Custom Object - based on what triggered the campaign

Oh I think I just don't know how to use that TriggerObject one. Let me see if I can get this to work!