Re: Soft Bounces and Alert Campaigns

Anonymous
Not applicable

Soft Bounces and Alert Campaigns

We have a few HNW clients who have issues with their email addresses (i.e. lots of soft bounces) and complain that they aren't receiving our emails.  Every time, it's been a soft bounce issue, but that doesn't seem to satisfy the sales team nor the clients in question.  To get ahead of this, I was thinking of setting up an alert for myself, which would be triggered when leads hit 4 or 5 soft bounces.

I believe I can do this by setting up a smart campaign, but what I don't understand about the Send Alert flow step is why I have to choose an existing email campaign for it?  Can't I just have an actual alert sent to me that's telling me the name and email address of the person who hit their soft-bounce threshold?  If I do have to create a new email just for this purpose, is it even possible to put in token information to pull in the lead's name and email?

Or, do I approach this entirely differently?
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add, I want to do this so I can bring it to the attention of the sales team ahead of time, rather than have it drag on for months and have clients get upset.
Ande_Kempf4
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Hi Runjini,

I am needing to set up the same alert - I only need to send the alert to the lead owner (not myself).  Were you able to come up with a solution?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ande,

I have to admit this is from so long ago that I ended up not creating this particular campaign!  I do think I got this to work; I've set up several alert campaigns since (for hard bounces, soft bounces, unsubscribes, and form fills), and ended up creating notification emails that brought in various lead tokens.  Once I created my first email template, I copied and re-used for the different alert notifications.

You should have flexibility for the Send Alert; if you select the Lead Owner in the "Send To:" field and simply leave "To Other Emails:" blank, it should work.

In the end, I think this solution was a lot easier for me than I realized.  It's hard to find documentation/case uses like this in the training sometimes, but it ended up being relatively straightforward.  If I can add anything else, let me know.  Hope this wasn't too confusing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ande,

In that case, just use like

pastedImage_0.png

Do not enter any info in 'To Other Emails' area.

Hope this helps

Rajesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Runjini,

The 'Email' in the 'Send Alert' flow action is the 'Alert email' you want to get when soft bounce happens.

That's where you will create a new email document like 'Alert message to Runjini' and add all the details you need on that alert there.

In other words, there is no 'canned' alert message format in Marketo. You get to define what that alert message will say in that email.

Does it makes sense?

Hope this helps

Rajesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I ended up figuring it out on my own.  Thanks though!