soft bounce - how do I correct and resend

Anonymous
Not applicable

soft bounce - how do I correct and resend

I have 3 soft bounces on a campaign. I looked at the addresses (They are on one of our lists of distributors so the recipients are well known to us) these 3 had obvious typos in their email addresses.

I can send them as one-off emails, but then it won't show in my dashboard. I am looking at adding a step in the campaign to resend to these three guys and still have them in my reporting.

I corrected these 3 addresses in their Lead records. Then I cloned the campaign, changed the Smart List to "Email bounces soft" and left the Flow Step at "send email..."

Will this work?

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: soft bounce - how do I correct and resend

Hi Marylin,

Something bothers me: if there is a typo in the address, it should be a hard bounce, not a soft bounce.

I gather you are writing here about a email type program. In which case it is too late for these 3 leads. You can resend the email manually, but it will not be accounted for in the dashboard.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I will send them as one-off emails then.

These were tagged as soft bounces, and I looked at the records and verified their names were misspelled in their email addresses. e.g., if your email should be gregoire@ and it was entered gregorie@...

Anonymous
Not applicable

And yeah, I already sent the email a second time within the same program because only half opened and meantime a web link was moved so I resent as a courtesy. My dashboard increased by the new # sent (from 200 to 308) but at least I could then catch some more opens.

My idea was build a new smart campaign that said if soft bounced, send email. I was hoping the count would go up by 3 emails sent and then possibly those 3 email recipients would open.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Marilyn,

Filter is as Josh suggest and add the filter "data value changed", attribute is email address to get only the ones that you corrected.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

My resend worked beautifully. Those 3 corrected email addresses received and opened their emails.

Now, I've run another email campaign and have 17 hard bounces. I'd like to look at those leads. But I can't remember how I found the soft bounced leads a week ago. I should be logging my steps in a notebook. Any assistance is appreciated!

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Just because you know the email address is valid and you have an existing relationship with them, doesn't always mean your emails will reach their inbox.  One of our ABM accounts has blocked all Marketo emails, so it's impossible for us to use Marketo to communicate with this specific account.  I'm sure there are many other companies - outside of our ABM program - that block Marketo emails.  There are lots of existing discussions on this community that talk to this topic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, good point. Out of 200 emails, I had 3 soft bounced and verified their emails had typos.

In the case of blocking Marketo emails, how can I find out who blocked?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can run a list of people with Email Suspended Cause IS NOT EMPTY OR Email Bounced Reason IS NOT EMPTY.

Won't be there for everyone.