SOAP getMultipleLeads slow - 2 leads / s

Anonymous
Not applicable

SOAP getMultipleLeads slow - 2 leads / s

We have about 85,000 leads in Marketo. We're trying to retrieve those leads using the SOAP API 'getMultipleLeads' using a large time window (for instance, '10 years ago' to 'now'), to get them all. Each 1,000 lead window takes about 8-10 min to return. That's ~10 hours for all 85k leads.

Is that the expected rate when using 'getMultipleLeads'?

By comparing, the REST API seems to be much faster, though, it does not expose a strict equivalent of SOAP's 'getMultipleLeads'.

Thanks,

Damien

3 REPLIES 3
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: SOAP getMultipleLeads slow - 2 leads / s

You'll want to reduce your window for updated at to much much smaller for the API to return in a reasonable time.  Try paging through blocks of 1 week at a time and adjust from there.  Setting 10 years ago to now, means that it's querying that entire time, and ruining your response times.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Kenny, that makes sense.

I need to get the total number of leads up front. Would you recommend I do a getMultipleLeads over the last 10 years (expensive) and then retrieve the leads by using a more reasonable time windows (such as a week)?

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

You certainly could do that, though I would question why you would need that at all if you're determined to sync all records anyway.