Re: Snippet for navigation header

Tracy_Boesken
Level 4

Snippet for navigation header

Hello community,

I am trying to get a snippet to work ... it is supposed to link to here: https://www.edifecs.com/ but it is linking to the old site...chat asked if I defined the new link inside this snippet...I do not know what to look for. How do I get it to be formatted like it appears on the website?

Tracy_Boesken_0-1647121992312.png currently

Tracy_Boesken_0-1647121211566.pngwhere I want to link to

<p><a class="navbar-brand" href="https://www.edifecs.com/"></a><br /></p>
<ul>
<li><a class="nav-link dropdown-toggle" href="/" id="who-we-are">About Us</a>
<ul>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/who-we-are">Who We Are</a></li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/awards">Awards</a></li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/careers">Careers</a></li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/contact-us">Contact Us</a></li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/leadership">Leadership</a></li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/newsroom">Newsroom</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
<li><a class="nav-link dropdown-toggle" href="/" id="markets-we-serve">Who We Serve</a>
<ul>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/solutions/government-agencies">Government Agencies &raquo;</a>
<ul>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/solutions/enrollment-management">Enrollment Management</a></li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/solutions/healthcare-data-interoperability">Healthcare Data Interoperability</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/solutions/health-plans">Health Plans &raquo;</a>
<ul>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/solutions/enrollment-management">Enrollment Management</a></li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/solutions/healthcare-data-interoperability">Healthcare Data Interoperability</a></li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/solutions/risk-adjustment-health-plans">Risk Adjustment</a></li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/solutions/value-based-payment">Value Based Payment &amp; Insight</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/solutions/healthcare-providers">Healthcare Providers &raquo;</a>
<ul>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/solutions/risk-adjustment-healthcare-providers">Risk Adjustment</a></li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/solutions/value-based-payment">Value Based Payment &amp; Insight</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/solutions/other-industries">Other Industries</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
<li><a class="nav-link dropdown-toggle" href="/" id="products">Products</a>
<ul>
<li><a class="dropdown-item fw-bold" href="/solutions/enrollment-management">Enrollment Management</a><a class="dropdown-item" href="/products/enrollment-management-aca-marketplace">ACA Enrollment</a><a class="dropdown-item" href="/products/commercial-group">Commercial Group Enrollment</a><a class="dropdown-item" href="/products/enrollment-management-managed-medicaid">Medicaid Enrollment</a><a class="dropdown-item" href="/products/medicare-advantage">Medicare Advantage Enrollment</a></li>
<li><hr /></li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item fw-bold" href="/solutions/healthcare-data-interoperability">Healthcare Data Interoperability</a><a class="dropdown-item" href="/products/attachment-management">Attachment Management</a><a class="dropdown-item" href="/products/operating-rules">Operating Rules</a><a class="dropdown-item" href="/products/specbuilder">Specbuilder</a><a class="dropdown-item" href="/products/transaction-management">Transaction Management</a><a class="dropdown-item" href="/products/xengine-server">XEngine Server</a><a class="dropdown-item" href="/products/xengine-server-for-fhir">XEngine Server FHIR</a><a class="dropdown-item" href="/products/xprocess-management">XProcess Management</a></li>
<li><hr /></li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item fw-bold" href="/solutions/risk-adjustment">Risk Adjustment</a><a class="dropdown-item" href="/products/chart-retrieval">Chart Retrieval</a><a class="dropdown-item" href="/products/clinical-suite">Clinical Suite</a><a class="dropdown-item" href="/products/coding-suite">Coding Suite</a><a class="dropdown-item" href="/products/encounter-submissions">Encounter Submissions</a><a class="dropdown-item" href="/products/nlp-suspecting">NLP Suspecting</a></li>
<li><hr /></li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item fw-bold" href="/solutions/value-based-payment">Value-Based Payment &amp; Insight</a><a class="dropdown-item" href="/products/population-payment-management">Population Payment Management</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
<li><a class="nav-link dropdown-toggle" href="/" id="resources">Resources</a>
<ul>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/university">Edifecs University</a></li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/resources">Resource Library</a></li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="/security">Security</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
<li><a class="nav-link" href="/client-login">Client Login</a></li>
</ul>
<p><br /></p>

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@Tracy_Boesken ,

I'm presuming the code you've dropped in is the Snippet code?

It certainly references www.edifecs.com.

When you say it is linking to the old site, what exactly do you mean?

Regards

Jo

Tracy_Boesken
Level 4

Hi Jo,

Yes, that is the snippet code. The company recently switched over the DNS for our previous website to a newly designed one. I had a nav snippet that linked to the old site’s nav heading (which worked fine) but the new website using the same url doesn’t carry over the formatting for the new site. 

Jo_Pitts1

Tracy,

That snippet isn't linking to the old sites nav (when I think 'linking' in this context, I think of a dynamic state of 'lets pull the nav from the main site dynamically).  It's looks more like a clone of the old sites navigation.  Would that be fair?

Is it the menu structure/items that are now wrong, or the styling, or both?

Cheers

Tracy_Boesken
Level 4

Hi Jo,

the snippet I have is going to the correct links it’s just not formatted like the website. The menu/structure is correct but the styling is wrong. What do I need to change in the code to make it look like the formatting on the website?

thanks for your help!

—Tracy

Jo_Pitts1

Tracy,

there is no styling per se in the snippet (a good thing).

This means the styling is either embedded in your landing page, or being referenced as a stylesheet from somewhere.

Can you give me an example landing page to look at (you can email or DM it to me if you prefer)?

Cheers

Jo