SOLVED

Re: SMS Notifications When An Email Is Clicked On

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SMS Notifications When An Email Is Clicked On

I need to find a way to have sales agents notified via text/SMS when a lead clicks on an email. If possible, we'd like the text message to include the name and email of the lead, and info on what [email] they clicked on. Is this something that can be done, and if so, how? I'm new to Marketo, so any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Matt F.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I would do is create a workflow that listens for clicked email.  All leads that click enter the workflow.

Steps in the workflow

Send Webhook - webhook should be to Twilio or whichever service you use as your SMS gateway the to phone number should be to {{lead.lead owner phone number.  This will send the text to the lead owners phone.  In the body of the sms you configure the lead variables. 

This is pretty easy to set up

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I would do is create a workflow that listens for clicked email.  All leads that click enter the workflow.

Steps in the workflow

Send Webhook - webhook should be to Twilio or whichever service you use as your SMS gateway the to phone number should be to {{lead.lead owner phone number.  This will send the text to the lead owners phone.  In the body of the sms you configure the lead variables. 

This is pretty easy to set up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Easy for you maybe!

Thanks for the info though. I understand the concept, and I was reading about Twilio earlier today. I'll have to experiment and see if I can work it out. It doesn't sound THAT difficult to setup.

Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not too bad, best of luck!