Smart List Action Status - Delete People - How can I see if a smart list action is still running or if it's complete?

Leticia_DoPrado
Level 5

Smart List Action Status - Delete People - How can I see if a smart list action is still running or if it's complete?

Hi,

I have a smart list that I created with about 8K people and I selected everyone in the list, then clicked on "Delete Person" and told the system to delete everyone in the list. While that was running, a status box popped up on the top right corner and had the status of "400 people processed". Then I had to refresh the page because Marketo prompted me to, and the status box disappeared and the people seem to all still be in the list --even though the list had said "400 people processed".

How can I see the status of the action? I want to see if the action is still running or if I have to start again just because I refreshed the page. How can I do that?

Thanks!!

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Smart List Action Status - Delete People - How can I see if a smart list action is still running or if it's complete?

Hi Leticia,

Have you consider checking the status of the smart list or run history? It should provide information on the last action conducted within the smart list before you deleted the members from it.

Leticia_DoPrado
Level 5

Re: Smart List Action Status - Delete People - How can I see if a smart list action is still running or if it's complete?

Hi Ryan,

Here's what the status says:

pastedImage_0.png

It doesn't say what the action was and the list still has the same amount of people in it as it did when I deleted them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on what your status says it looks like there was a minor run time of the smart list before you deleted them. However, what does your 'Run History' say and have you also consider checking  the 'Results?'

Here's a screenshot in my Marketo account:

marketostatus.jpg

Leticia_DoPrado
Level 5

I don't see any of those options. I only see Status and Used By. I think what you are showing looks like the dashboard of a smart campaign. I'm not in a smart campaign, I deleted the people from the actual smart list, I clicked on People > Select All > Person Actions > Delete Person.

This is what I see:

pastedImage_3.png

I know i can use a campaign to run the process and delete the people in the list, but if Marketo is offering the option to delete them directly from the list, then it should work and it's just a bit frustrating that it doesn't work as it should.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Laeticia,

Next time, it's much much better to run this through a smart campaign. Manual flow steps are not best practice, for the very reason you are experiencing. It's better to use them only for very low volumes.

Also, on deletions, if you use a smart campaign, always start your flow by adding the members of the smart campaign to a static list. Then you will be able to monitor the count of remaining persons through the count of the static list members.

A workaround is to go to the campaign queue. Your manual flow step should show up there with the number of remaining persons to process.

-Greg

Leticia_DoPrado
Level 5

Thank you!