Smart Campaigns Not Seeing Emails in Triggers/Filters with A/B Test Enabled

Trinity_Levens3
Level 3

Smart Campaigns Not Seeing Emails in Triggers/Filters with A/B Test Enabled

Hi Nation, 

Curious about a scenario I'm seeing where I have the following conditions:

Default program as hierarchy where within Default contains 5 Email Send Programs of which 4 are programmed as A/B tests, 1 program is not an AB test.  

When I attempt to setup smart campaigns within the Default program, for example:  Unsubscribes trigger to change status, the trigger filter for Unsubscribe can NOT see the emails in the Email Send programs with an A/B test enabled.  The smart campaign CAN see the email once I disable or remove the A/B test and it can see the lone program that I initially didn't setup as an AB test.   The SC can see the email in the email send program as long as AB test IS NOT enabled.  

This is also the case when I try to setup an SC within the Email Send program itself.  Same issue.   (I first thought it was the SC outside of the Email Send program causing issues)

Problem with this is without all my emails pulling into the triggers, I can't setup the smart campaigns ahead of my program launching so I can set the schedule of each email send program and it's AB test and setup my operational smart campaigns to trigger off certain behaviors. 

It seems that if i setup my SC's first without enabling AB tests they will see the emails and the filters will find the strings when I start typing.  It also appears that it continues to see the strings of emails when I enable the AB test as the last step.  But if I delete an email from the string in a filter (when AB has been enabled) and then try to find it again in the value finder, the email string won't appear. 

Yes, emails are in approved status.

Hmmmmm, so strange, anyone else face this or had a workaround?  

-Trinity

8 REPLIES 8
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

Re: Smart Campaigns Not Seeing Emails in Triggers/Filters with A/B Test Enabled

Try finding the email using the A/B Test method you chose.  EG. programname.subjectlinetest

Easiest way is to start typing out the name of the program and see what Marketo suggests for you.

Trinity_Levens3
Level 3

The value finder doesn't find the named emails when program name is typed if they are in an enabled AB test program BEFORE you start using trigger list logic in SCs.  That's the crux of the issue.   I think at this point it's more of a callout that you have to build your workflows and SCs first and then enable A/B tests in an email send program.  In my screen shot all the emails I need appear because I removed the AB test, but when enabled none would be found. 

ValueChooser.JPG

Jim_Thao7
Level 9

Try completing your engagement program build by approving it.  Should pop up after that.

Trinity_Levens3
Level 3

Thanks Jim,  Yes that does enable the smart campaigns to start referencing the emails but not until approved.   Kinda has me a little concerned with what Dan Stevens​ mentioned about not being able to easily Unapprove a program.  Yikes!   Support needs to look into these glitches. 

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Here's another related "glitch" that you might want to be aware of:

Re: Unable to unapprove email program

Trinity_Levens3
Level 3

Gerard Donnelly​  some things to think about in this thread....

Lawrence_Mien1
Level 2

Hi Trinity,

When you use the filter "was sent email" you have to add the constraint "Test Variant" to designate which of the test emails you are referencing.

Rohit_Wali
Level 2

Hello Community,

Although I am late but want to share something which I believe is really helpful in this type of scenario - Let me put this case in simple words:

"You have an email program, inside which you have assets like email, list, smart campaigns, etc. You want to do A/B testing on email subjec-tline/whole/sender, you have added email in the program. Now while creating the smart campaigns to capture open/bounce/etc. you are unable to find your email in smart list"

Solution : In order to find the email in smart campaign>>smart list>> you need to approve the A/B test program, then only you can find your email. Once you have approved your program, you will be able to find the email attached to this A/B test program. After this use the constraint >> Test Variant to select the choice.

#marketosmartcampaign#smartcampaign​  #marketoABtesting