SOLVED

Re: Smart campaign that adds 300 people to a program once a week?

Go to solution

Smart campaign that adds 300 people to a program once a week?

Hi,

I have a group of 8K people that I would like to send emails to once a week, but only to 300 at a time. Is there a way to create a smart campaign that could add 300 leads to a nurture program once a week from a smart list? My guess is no, but just wanted to be sure before manually creating lists of 300 people..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

That would indeed work, but only achieve an approximation of 300 a week at best.

A similar way, but with a higher level of accuracy is to split your list into a series of 26/27 static lists at the start (which you can do with the random samples quite well as your main list does not change in size) and then set up a smart campaign with alternating wait steps and add to engagement program steps, where the add to engagement program steps take the next consecutive static part-list every time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

Assuming that you want to send the email to all 8000 people over a period of time, we can stagger the same as the following - A way to achieve this is by using Random Sample and using it in the choice to either send the email, or add it to a list where we can apply the random sample again. This however would need a slowly increasing random sample as the size of the list with each send keeps decreasing.

RS.png

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

That would indeed work, but only achieve an approximation of 300 a week at best.

A similar way, but with a higher level of accuracy is to split your list into a series of 26/27 static lists at the start (which you can do with the random samples quite well as your main list does not change in size) and then set up a smart campaign with alternating wait steps and add to engagement program steps, where the add to engagement program steps take the next consecutive static part-list every time.

Thanks, I'll give this a try!