SOLVED

Re: Smart Campaign Scheduling

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart Campaign Scheduling

I'm setting up a Smart Campaign to bring a leads score back down to zero if the lead status in Salesforce is changed to "Send back to marketing." Should I allow leads to only run through this once, everytime or set to run every 30 days? 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edward_Masson
Level 10

You should zero thier score everytime thier status is changed to (Send back to marketing).
Have a trigger campaign listening for this change in status in real time. Trigger filter 'Data Value Changes' Attribute is Lead Status, new value is Remarket. Your flow step, Change Score, Score name is Lead Score (and Beaviour Score), =0

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be up to you and your sales team. It would depend on how quickly people typically reach your scoring threshold for rep assignment. However, I would say every 30 days would likely be your best bet. Certainly would not go with only once. 
Edward_Masson
Level 10

You should zero thier score everytime thier status is changed to (Send back to marketing).
Have a trigger campaign listening for this change in status in real time. Trigger filter 'Data Value Changes' Attribute is Lead Status, new value is Remarket. Your flow step, Change Score, Score name is Lead Score (and Beaviour Score), =0

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, this is helpful! A couple more questions:

(1) Would I set up a filter along with the trigger to capture the current leads with a status of Send Back to Marketing? And then set to use any filters?

(2) I ran a test earlier with my test list, but now am unable to see how many leads qualify for this program to determine how many will be affected. Did I set something up wrong?
Edward_Masson
Level 10

(1) No, if you want to affect old leads (in the past) set up a batch campaign and change their score. Then for future status changes, use your trigger campaign. ( when I first got Marketo, we had to create 2 smart campaigns, update the past (batch) and the future (Trigger).)

(2) Only batch campaigns (no triggers) give you that visibility before hitting the run button. 
If you want that visiblity just for a number count, run a quick smart list.