Re: Smart Campaign Question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart Campaign Question

Hi,

I need to create a series of automated emails (drip campaign) for 6 different product lines. I'm creating smart campaigns for these but before I move forward I wanted to ask your opinion on whether or not I should set up multiple smart campaigns for each product line or create one complicated one and use tokens in the messages? The smart list criteria change from product to product but the flow is the same. Can someone let me know what the best practice is for this effort?

Thank you in advance!!
Emmy
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Emmy,

It totally depends on what you're hoping to accomplish with this campaign, and how different your product lines are. At face value though, I'd generally aim to have different product lines separate from one another, as there are usually always some differences in how you message for each (and even if the flow is the exact same for all product lines now, it may change later). Running out of one big campaign can be pretty limiting when you need to make changes.

Just some food for thought.

-Jeff
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jeff!  I was leaning that way...You make a great point on making changes. Is it even possible to do one massive campaign if the smart list criteria are different for various product lines?
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I create different smart campaigns by product.  Even though the flow steps are similar, it's just easier to track and manage. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Emmy,

Probably, but it's more trouble than it's worth. I've gone down the rabbit hole of doing complex processes for the sake of keeping things contained into one or two smart campaigns, but it ends up being a real mess when you try and decode what you were working on later. Or worse, one of your coworkers is trying to figure out how the heck you built a campaign.