Harish_Gupta
Level 2

Smart campaign inside multiple nurture stream

Hi all,

I am trying to implement the below mentioned flow:

Send Email1
if respondent didn't click on link in email 1 in last 7 days send email 2 
If respondent click on link in email 1 in last 7 days then send Email 3
if respondent click on link in email 2 in last 7 days then send email 3.

Suppose i have sent Email1 on sunday morning and person A clicked on link on monday then will get email 3 on next coming monday and if person B clicked on link in email 1 on tuesday then he will receive email 3 on next tuesday.

I have tried to implement this using smart campaign and three stream in nurture program. But its not working properly. So please guide me

Thanks in advance. 

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Smart campaign inside multiple nurture stream

What is supposed to happen to the lead if they do in fact click the link on email 1? Should the lead be removed from the flow and sent to sales?  If that is the case you may need to be leveraging your scoring with another smart campaign that says "if lead achives XX score, remove from flow, sync lead to SFDC"

I recommend looking over how engagement programs work and utilizing the pre built functionality:
http://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/how-to-use-marketo-engagement-programs-850/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Harish, Have you considered building a program with your smart list triggers based upon your desired activity you outline, rather than a series of smart campaigns that are local to the enagement program? You can then pull that program into your stream and it will maintain your desired triggers. At least that is how I have it working. If all else fails, try putting in a support ticket I suppose. Good luck.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure an engagement program is your best bet here. You could probably do it but it feels like it's making life more complicated. 

I would set this up as a series of smart campaigns in a program. 

Campaign #1

SMART LIST: Your entrance criteria
FLOW: Send email #1, Wait 7 days, Request Campaign #2

Campaign #2

SMART LIST: Trigger - Campaign Is Requested, Not Clicked Link in Email [Email #1] in last 7 days
FLOW: Send email #2

Campaign #3

SMART LIST: Trigger - Clicks Link in Email [Email #1 or Email #2]
FLOW: Remove from Flow [Campaign #1, Campaign #2], Wait 7 days, Send email #3                                

The Remove from Flow actions are a safety net to prevent the person from inadvertantly receiving email #2 after clicking email #1, although the filter on Campaign #2 should also prevent it, just good to have a failsafe built in. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 Justin,

Harish, you should use sister's campaign to run this kind of flow.

As stated by Justin, above.

Happy to help !

Thanks
Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

Thanks everyone for your support and help.

Actually the assigment is to use nurture stream. So, I have designed this program like below:

0EM50000000Sq9j.jpg0EM50000000Sq9o.jpg
Please have a look and suggest me what best I can do more in this. 

Thanks for your support and help.

Harish Gupta
Anonymous
Not applicable

Harish,

When we use sister's campaign or lifelycle campaigns, in that way also, we can do nurture programs.
It's not necessity to use engagement program.

Cuz, that makes easier to remove and add them to another campaigns....

I hope I am clear.

Thanks
Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

Hi Sonia.

Thanks for help. Can you please guide me more like how to implement this lifecycle campagin for 

user who click on link in 1 week and send another email with exact difference of 7 days
user who didn't click on link 1 in 1 week send another email on 8th day.

Thanks for all your help. 
Harish Gupta
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I agree with Jessica and Justin here.

But you can use the Streams here, but NOT the Transitions within the streams. You need the flows to run separately. They can be local campaigns. I've done this before and it is what inspired this deck: http://www.slideshare.net/jdavidhill/marketo-engagements-and-drip-nurturing-boston-user-group-dec-10-2013

What you want is really not ideal for Engagements, but you can leverage Engagements if you want.

Think of this as a staggered waterfall in some ways.

Campaign 1: send email 1
Campaign 2: if Email 1 is delivered/sent, then wait 3 days, If lead is member of smart list "did not click/open" then Send Email 2, otherwise do X
Campaign 3: if Email 2 is delivered/sent, then wait 3 days, If lead is member of smart list "did not click/open" then Send Email 3, otherwise do X

or wait 7 days, etc. Your smart lists could be positive-exclusions: If lead Clicked in Email 1, then use "Member of smart List NOT IN "Click Open Email 1", which assumes that only leads within the Program would get this far. You might need to tinker with that to ensure  only people who are members of the first campaign could get the second email.
Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

Hi Josh, Justin,

Thanks for your help and your comments are really helpful.

I have tried both of your ideas 
1) Using default program and smart campagin. 
2) Using Stream and smart campaign. 

But the problem I am facing is timing to send email.

My requirment is like 

Send Email 1-> Wait for 7 days -> If not clicked link in email 1 then send email 2
                         If clicked link in email 1 then send email 3. 
Condition on Timing-> suppose Email1 has been sent on Monday 2nd Feb. and  if respondent A clicked on link in email1 on tuesday 3rd Feb then respondent A will get the next email 3 on tuesday 10th Feb. and if respondent B click on link in email 1 on Friday 6th Feb then respondent B will get next email 3 on Friday 13th Only.

Now the problem I am facing is, If I will check the condition(Click or not) after 7 days then how to schedule it for different time for different respondent. 

Thanks in advance.

Harish Gupta