Smart Campaign Ignorning Unsubscribes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart Campaign Ignorning Unsubscribes

I have a Smart Campaign (within a Program) set up for a nurture flow (not a exactly Traffic Cop exactly, and NOT a CEE). My Smart List excludes those who have unsubscribed.

The problem is, I know people have unsubscribed and they are still getting the emails. There is a "wait" 10 to 14 days (depending on the email). Shouldn't my smart list check to know who's opted out and NOT send them the remaining emails?

Should I just scrap my Smart Campaign and move it all to an Engagement Program? Or, not filter unsubscribes out based on the field? Maybe based on a list they would all get added to?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Smart Campaign Ignorning Unsubscribes

That is really strange, are your emails marked operational in the settings? That is the only way people should still be getting emails if they have unsubscribed..

If there is something wonky going on you could continue to use the add choice, Unsubscribe = True, send email (empty)

Or you could create a trigger campaign that is Unsubscribes From Email = ANY
and Member of Campaign. X Name

Flow, remove from flow (your original smart campaign)

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

-Ryan
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, Ryan. Just checked the emails - they are not Operational. Someone else set them up, so that was a good call, at least to check it!

I will try the Trigger Campaign.

Thanks!
Heather
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem.

I have a Smart Campaign that is suppossed to be sent as part of a Webinar Invitation. I ran it last week once and it was fine (around 6K of unsibscribes blocked). I want to run it again (same non-operational email), without the registered people and this time the flow is not filtering the unsubscribes....

Can anyone advise? I think I might just filter manually the unsubscribes in the Smart Campaign, but I don't want to have to do that every time.

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has this issue been resolved yet? This seems like a major problem.