Re: Smart Campaign Choices- "Is not" and blanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart Campaign Choices- "Is not" and blanks

Hi,

I'm setting up a smart campiagn with a flow that includes choices.

One of the choices I'm using is "is not." If I have a choice "search engine is not google", what will happen to leads who have no search engine, will they be affected or not?

If leads with no information for that field are affected, what can you add the list so that you have "is not google or blank?"

Thanks,
Fred
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Fred, 

I think if I was trying to do something like this I would try to create a smart list first with the filters (using 'all' filter logic):

-search engine is not google
-search engine is not blank

And then use the smartlist in the flow action of the smart campaign:
-if 'member of smartlist' in 'name of smart list' 

Or use the smartlist to group them, mass add them to a list manually, then use the 'if member of list'?

Would something like that work for the smart campaign you are using?

Best, 
Sarah
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sarah,

That would work, it just seems very messy for something that really ought to be very simple. 

I'm going to be using similar choice logic lots of times. Therefore, I'd ideally like to avoid having to create a new smart list each time.

Is there no way of adding a blank to the "is not logic."

Fred
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, it is a bit messy. 

If I was trying to do an if statement where the only requirement was that the field 'is not blank' then, for an email address field for example, I would select the if email address and then choose 'is not empty' rather than 'if not'  from the drop down list. But I'm not sure how you can combine that with 'not google' in the same if statement....

If you didn't want anyone with a blank value to be affected by your other choice statements you could maybe try something like this:

choice 1 -if search engine is empty do nothing/ do -x-     (so having this as choiuce 1 would mean leads with a blank value are not affected by any other choices 2,3,...)
choice 2-if search engine is google do y 
choice 3-if search engine is not google do z (or whatever your other choices are !)

This is only an idea though, it's not a solution I've tested myself...

I will keep having a think about it though and get back to you if I come up with something else that is a bit more efficient than the first suggestion 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think what Sarah said makes sense.  Although, if you also don't want anything to happen if it is Google, do the following:

choice 1 - if search engine is empty - do nothing
choice 2 - if search engine is google - do nothing
default choice - do X