Small businesses: Who designed your templates, and creates ongoing local assets?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Small businesses: Who designed your templates, and creates ongoing local assets?

Just curious what you all did:

1) For templates
  • Did you use Marketo templates and tweak them yourself? 
  • Did you have an in house designer help?
  • Did you find a freelancer or agency who knows Marketo to do it?

2) For ongoing new local assets
  • Do you create all new emails, landing pages yourself?
  • Or use your in-house designer?
  • Or have an ongoing relationship with a freelancer or agency who supports you in production work?
Tx!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Small businesses: Who designed your templates, and creates ongoing local assets?

I've done all of those.

I highly recommend using an internal designer if you already have one. Then I would go with an agency or Marketo design group like Perkuto 🙂 or others.

My experience is that most freelancers aren't familiar with the particular Marketo Template issues when they create the code, so you will either have to babysit them or do a lot of re-work. If you have a coder on staff, then have them translate the PSD file into html.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Small businesses: Who designed your templates, and creates ongoing local assets?

Hi Christine, I used our web developer, because we are constantly changing our templates and updating them as we come up with new/better ideas.  I highly recmommend someone in house creating your templates. 
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I started out using the Marketo templates and tweaked them myself (email and landing pages).  There were a few mock ups that our editorial and graphic designer put together as a PSD file and I worked on the code.  But because we wanted a fresh look for one of our new publicaton/newsletter, one that's responsive, we had an external graphic designer create the mock up and I had Grazitti do the code work.  It came out good and we had no issues with the template what-so-ever. 

At first my boss wanted the external graphic designer to do the whole email template for the newsletter, but I was a little nervous because her experience was with Constant Contact templates, and she uses Dreamweaver and has never done responsive email templates. I wanted someone who has experience with Marketo, so I convinced my boss to have the designer do the mockup and Grazitti do the rest.