Simple prefill forms enabled on landing page not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Simple prefill forms enabled on landing page not working

We have a simple Marketo form embedded inside a Marketo landing page. An email is also going out via Marketo that links to the landing page.

I've tested and found the fields are only pre-populated if a cookie has previously been served up. When I clear the mkt cookie and attempt to send a new email with a link the data stored in Marketo doesn't pre-populate the fields. I thought the act of sending an email to a known Marketo record and their act of clicking the Marketo form should cookie them and display the fields as populated. The fields in questions are first name, last name and email address.

I'm wondering if some essentially information has dropped off the email or landing page HTML and is preventing it working.

pastedImage_0.png

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Simple prefill forms enabled on landing page not working

I worked at the issue. I had turned the URL of the landing page into a token, using my tokens for the email copy. For some reason although tracking was enabled for the URL, it was showing up with tracking not working on the email. I've removed the token and gone back to a plain URL in the email hyperlink and that seems to have it working again now.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Simple prefill forms enabled on landing page not working

You can use a token, it just can't be the entire URL or else tracking is turned off. That's what's happening.

You want

<a href="http​s://{my.url}}" ...

not

<a href="{{my.url}}" ...

This behavior is noted a lot on the Community but may not be officially documented.