Re: Should my marketing team store all landing pages (or the majority of them) in one Default Program?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Should my marketing team store all landing pages (or the majority of them) in one Default Program?

Hello,

Thank you in advance for reading and helping with this question.

My company is transitioning from one marketing automation software to Marketo and the organizational structure is quite different from what we are used to. For example, all assets were stored independently from one another is our previous software. Within our business, we typically create a set of landing pages (one for each product, so to speak), for the duration of our marketing/sales cycle. From there, we build campaigns that utilize these assets in various ways - nurture programs, email sends, newsletters, etc.

We are trying to determine how to best organize our landing pages while utilizing them in various campaigns and programs. Is anyone in the same boat and have suggestions on how to organize this in Marketo? Initially, we've been thinking about storing all of our regularly used landing page assets in one Default Program and referencing them throughout various campaigns and programs throughout the year. However, we are unsure of what this will look like from a reporting aspect and if it will limit our granular reporting capabilities regarding each campaign/program.

There will be scenarios in which a particular landing page will be a part of one particular program/campaign. But for the most part, we reference one group of assets across various programs throughout the year.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Should my marketing team store all landing pages (or the majority of them) in one Default Program?

Heather,

Welcome to Marketo. Firstly, you should move this discussion to Products​ as this is Marketo-specific, Marketing Central​ is meant for non-Marketo specific discussions.

The way I have preferred to organize landing pages, is that those in production and being designed should all sit in Design Studio. This allows users with the web designer role to only have access to Design Studio.

Once those landing pages are approved and ready for use, I organize them into two options:

• If they are global landing pages (ex. unsubscribe landing page), they should remain in Design Studio as they are not program-specific and will likely be live forever
  • If they are program-specific (ex. Webinar Registration May 2017 landing page) they should be moved to Marketing Activities and be local to the appropriate program
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Heather,

As you have figured out, the key element in Marketo is program. It's a container for all what relates together and has the very big advantage that it makes "smart" cloning very easy and very productive.

We usually advise out customers to follow that rule:

1 Content / Marketing offer = 1 program.

For instance, you may want to consider a contact request as one offer. A trial is another offer. A webinar is also another, as well as a white paper.

Then, within a program, you will be able to store anything you need to promote and manage that content or offer, such as smart campaigns sending emails that include a CTA to a landing page.

I also advise you to store landing pages in program, but to create shared forms in the design studio. Forms and fields are tightly linked in Marketo and you might have to modify existing forms from times to times. So limiting the total number of forms to 10 to 20 is a huge time saver.

-Greg

Julz_James
Level 10

Just to back up what Greg is saying, I always store the landing pages in the specific program it is related to. It makes it easier to track conversions, success and any other metrics related to that specific landing page/program.