Sharing Content After Completing a Form

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharing Content After Completing a Form

What are the options to share content with a lead once they have filled out a form? For example, if they fill out a form to access unique content, do I send it to them via email? Do I have the form open to a new landing page from where they can download the content?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sharing Content After Completing a Form

I typically like to redirect them to the page with the content on form submission. In addition I would suggest sending an autoresponse with a direct link to the file. - Jeff
Anonymous
Not applicable

We typically create a Download Email that is triggered on form submission with a link to the content. If they click on the download link, we categorize them as Engaged. That way you also have the added benefit of ensuring they provide a valid email for the download. If it's an invalid email, they won't get the content.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thirdly, like you mentioned, you can have the page come up with a hyperlink to the information. They all have pros and cons. For us, we send them an email. It is a great way to at least ensure we are getting a valid email address. We will also be implementing the code to block personal email addresses. The down side to this is a lower conversion rate, but we are trying to focus on quality over quantity to make sure our future Nurture emails aren't sent to some seldom used hotmail inbox.

But, it you are trying to get as many Leads as possible, I would recommend what Jeffrey mentioned. This will also encourage the Leads to download more because that is the quickest way to give them gated information. The easier to obtain, the more they will likely download. The more they download, the more information about them you can capture if you have progressive profiling implemented.

All depends on your strategy and what your end goal is.