SOLVED

SFDC URL link token

Go to solution
Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

SFDC URL link token

I was wondering if it is possible to put a URL to a specific individual if they have a profile in SFDC? it would be a great tool for our sales team who likes lots of notifications.

If it is not possible to have a token for that value is there maybe a work around?

I was thinking since the SFDC ID number is a token I could just put the link and finish it with the SFDC ID which could link to the specific record, but I am not sure if that will work for long term use.

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: SFDC URL link token

Hey Eric, you might get more responses to this (and other questions) in the Products section. But, yes. There are a couple of different tokens that you can use.

The {{SP_Send_Alert_Info}} token can be used to include the record's name, a link to their Marketo record, a link to their SFDC record, and also the campaign that triggered the alert to be sent.

You can also use an SFDC ID field (you might have to create a duplicate populated via formula field in SFDC to be able to use as a token), and create a http://[yourpod].salesforce.com/{{lead.sfdc id}} link.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Eric, you might get more responses to this (and other questions) in the Products section. But, yes. There are a couple of different tokens that you can use.

The {{SP_Send_Alert_Info}} token can be used to include the record's name, a link to their Marketo record, a link to their SFDC record, and also the campaign that triggered the alert to be sent.

You can also use an SFDC ID field (you might have to create a duplicate populated via formula field in SFDC to be able to use as a token), and create a http://[yourpod].salesforce.com/{{lead.sfdc id}} link.

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Interesting I am going to need to learn more about the {{SP_Send_Alert_Info}} token. Thanks and thanks for confirming that the SFDC Id field link would work (with the proper url before it) but could that cause any issues?

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

In theory, it shouldn't. But, I would advise testing everything prior to launching live because I have had a problem with creating that link in the past. The system token for send alert always works, but sometimes the campaign that triggered them is irrelevant and I'd rather not include it.

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Thanks!