SOLVED

SFDC Task Queues - New release unlocks this feature

Go to solution
Ryan_Spaulding
Level 3

SFDC Task Queues - New release unlocks this feature

Hey everyone, 

The newest release of SFDC has launched an incredibly valuable feature - tasks queues.

https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/spring20/release-notes/rn_sales_productivity_activiti...

Is anyone planning to use this? Our SFDC admin adjusted the queue to take tasks, but I'm not seeing the queue as available to assign to. I'm wondering if Marketo will need to change their task assignment to be more like the 'Sync Person to SFDC' functionality that includes users and queues vs just queues.  A shame, as we were hoping to leverage this to build a queue of tasks for our lead qualifying team.

Any other thoughts on how to do this before I head down the path of custom SFDC development?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Re: SFDC Task Queues - New release unlocks this feature

Should it not be possible, you can try to assign tasks to a dedicated user and, within SF, use a workflow process to re-assign to the queue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Should it not be possible, you can try to assign tasks to a dedicated user and, within SF, use a workflow process to re-assign to the queue.

Ryan_Spaulding
Level 3

Thanks Jay. That was exactly what we were thinking of doing with the custom SFDC development.

It sounds like this is in Marketo's 2021 roadmap so I think that is the route we'll take for now. 

Thanks!

Wataru_Goto
Level 2

@Ryan_Spaulding 

It sounds like this is in Marketo's 2021 roadmap so I think that is the route we'll take for now. 

Where can I find that information?

sharonhopkins
Level 1

Is there any update on this feature?

Ryan_Spaulding
Level 3

I dont have any update, but we did utilize this feature.  I'm at an org that does not have solid contact and account ownership, so we essentially have the lead qualifiers of our org (LDR team) essentially cover the lead queue for all marketing inquiries and did some custom SFDC development so that there was easy conversion of leads to contacts and tasks to opportunities.  The essentially turned the lead object and task object into objects that marketing handles, clearing accounts, contacts, and opp objects for sales to use.  With over 700 salespeople, this improved our compliance.

This allowed us to get around the 1-to-many issue so common with the lead object.  I maintain that I don't believe the lead object is built well for multi-solution selling orgs or for contacts already in your database.

We even had a relatively high-profile consultant run through it and call it "best in class".  So we were happy with that...it's not a perfect system, but alleviates an issue of the manual need to create duplicate lead records in SFDC when people are showing interest in multiple solutions.

Marketo still does not permit you to view or see any custom fields on tasks, so what we do is have the task assigned to the Marketo user in SFDC. We have a custom workflow that will see an incoming task assigned to Marketo and SFDC takes care of the rest.  The subject line has an element of standardization in it that will route it to the right queue.  This has gone very well for us.

I'm hoping there is more support for the task object in the future.  The task queue really opens up some doors for functionality.