SFDC Opportunity view in Marketo

Alexis_Falco
Level 2

SFDC Opportunity view in Marketo

Hello! When we have a contact assigned to an opportunity in SFDC, how can I run a filter in Marketo to remove any other co-workers of that assigned contact from programs?

For example: You want to sell me a product, so you add me to the opportunity and you know I'm going to buy it, so I'm about 10% left to closed/win; your next email campaign is to introduce your product to prospects, now you can easily filter me out b/c I'm on the opportunity, but how do you filter my team and other fellow employees if they are not assigned to the opp?

I've asked Support for their solution on this issue, and the only current option is to manually block the corporate domain in the criteria - not ideal for automated campaigns (trigger, nurture, etc).

Has anyone else in the community, especially B2B clients, figured out a solution for this?

1 REPLY 1
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: SFDC Opportunity view in Marketo

Hi Alexis,

How can I run a filter in Marketo to remove any other co-workers of that assigned contact from programs

Out of the box, this is impossible. You need to pass the information from the opportunity to the account, in dedicated SFDC fields, so that you can use these fields to filter out the other contacts.

Vote here: ​ and review this Marketo / salesforce integration needs a serious overhaul, don't you "sync"? 

-Greg