SFDC Lead Sync

Anonymous
Not applicable

SFDC Lead Sync

We have more records in Salesforce than we actually want to store in marketo for marketing purposes. What's the best way for setting criteria for syncing new leads added to Salesforce into marketo?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SFDC Lead Sync

New leads created in SFDC automatically sync to Marketo unless you have changed the default settings. - Jeff
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jeff - How can I change those settings?
Anonymous
Not applicable

University -> Courses -> Admin SFDC 2: Hide Records from SFDC with the Sync profile

It might be worth watching this video. The title is a little misleading (I've asked for it to be changed) but this video shows you hoe you can use sharing rules in SFDC to hide records from Marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't find that video anywhere to hide records from SFDC with the Sync profile. Can anyone share the link?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Enget,

To get more people answering your question, resurfacing an old one is not the best way to go

Marketo sync's with SFDC using an SFDC user. so you can use SFDC right management to enable Marketo to see records or on the contrary to hide some. This will be done in SFDC using either roles and/or sharing rules.

There is another solution, though which is known as sync filtering. You can ask support to set up a filter to authorize or prevent lead and or contact sync based on some SFDC field values. I wrote a few blog posts on this a while ago:

"Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 1

"Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 2

"Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 3-How to know a record has stopped sync'ing

-Greg