SOLVED

Re: SFDC Lead Ownership

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SFDC Lead Ownership

We have SFDC queues called Nurture Pool, Lead Recycle, Junk, etc. that own leads. In a Marketo smartlist, how do I search for these lead owners? The only fields available are Lead Owner email, Lead Owner First name, Lead Owner last name, etc. Yelp!?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

When leads are in a queue, there's really no way to tell that in Marketo unless you set something up when you initially sync them to a queue to write to a custom field or something.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When leads are in a queue, there's really no way to tell that in Marketo unless you set something up when you initially sync them to a queue to write to a custom field or something.

Grant_Booth
Level 10

Right. Marketo writes to the Lead Owner fields by doing a lookup to the fields of the User object the lead/contact is assigned to. It's not built to handle the complications added by queues though, so the fields remain blank. There's a popular idea right now to have this functionality built into Marketo:

For now, you would need to use a workflow or apex trigger in SFDC to write the name of the queue to a custom field on the lead or contact when they get assigned to a queue (and reset it to null when they get assigned to a user).

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you

Rachel_Egan
Level 7

I would like to do this as well. We use SFDC Queues a lot and it would be extremely helpful if we could filter by Queue.

I created a similar thread about field mapping to SFDC Owner ID (which MIGHT be the solution...) but it still seems rather convoluted. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

Can you add an email to the queues in SFDC? That might be a way to handle this.

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Unfortunately that doesn't solve the problem. Queues are not treated the same way as the lead owners (different objects) so adding an email address to a queue won't change anything.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I tried that also, and wondered why it did not work.