SFDC emails - sents, opened clicked, how to update SFDC status on Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

SFDC emails - sents, opened clicked, how to update SFDC status on Marketo

Hello everyone

I have a situation where there is no Salesforce Insight installed on the Marketo instance.

I would like to track the emails sent from SFDC instead of Marketo by the Sales team.

Ideally this is what I hope to achieve:

• Using triggered smart campaign to update SFDC status of emails from target to sent
  • If the emails are opened, to update the status from target to open

After some testing, I only got to the stage where using batch campaign I could update the status from target to sent.

And only a limited number of members in the test list (not all that I could get the status updated).

Does anyone tried anything similar?

Thanks

Melina

Message was edited by: Melina Chan

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: SFDC emails - sents, opened clicked, how to update SFDC status on Marketo

This needs to be in Products​ (should be a Move link at the right). "About" isn't a support space.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: SFDC emails - sents, opened clicked, how to update SFDC status on Marketo

Hi Melina,

If the email is send from SFDC, there is absolutely no way Marketo can know or detect the email is send or delivered.

The way I might to this is have campaigns in salesforce and/or a text field and add some information to that field or add the lead to the SFDC campaign each time and email is sent. I am not even sure that this can be automated in SFDC, BTW.

Once the field is updated or theSFDC campaign member is created, these information will sync with Marketo, where you will be able to trigger a smart campaign using a Data Value changes trigger or an "added to SFDC campaign" one.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re:  SFDC emails - sents, opened clicked, how to update SFDC status on Marketo

Thanks Gregoire for your quick reply.

By some stroke of luck (I would still need to verify this on Salesforce), it seems to be possible using a batch process using smart campaign flow with activity logged / updated to detect opens at this point. However, not all test leads were successful using this approach, as some had this status
Skipped execution due to status is empty.

Would you or anyone be able to advise what this means?

Thanks

Melina

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re:  SFDC emails - sents, opened clicked, how to update SFDC status on Marketo

Can you please provide a screenshot of the smart campaign smart list and flow ?

-Greg