SOLVED

Re: SFDC Custom Object <> Marketo Custom Object Mapping.

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SFDC Custom Object <> Marketo Custom Object Mapping.

Hi All,

We have a custom object created in our SFDC instance.

I was wondering, how do I create a similar custom object in my Marketo instance and map this marketo object to that SFDC custom object ?

Could you guys suggest me a way to map custom objects created in SFDC to custom objects created in Marketo ?

Thanks !

-Prabash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Prabash,

Go to admin -> salesforce and disable the sync for a while

Go to admin -> Database Management -> Salesforce object sync.

From there, you first have to refresh the schema to make sure all objects and fields are visible in Marketo.

Then you select the object on the right and drag&drop it to the center pane.

You hit the "enable sync" button.

The you can hit the "edit visible fields" on the top to choose which fields are used as constraints in filters and triggers

In order to be mapped, your SFDC custom object has to be linked to either lead, contact or accounts.

When you are done, do not forget to reenable the sync.

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Prabash,

Go to admin -> salesforce and disable the sync for a while

Go to admin -> Database Management -> Salesforce object sync.

From there, you first have to refresh the schema to make sure all objects and fields are visible in Marketo.

Then you select the object on the right and drag&drop it to the center pane.

You hit the "enable sync" button.

The you can hit the "edit visible fields" on the top to choose which fields are used as constraints in filters and triggers

In order to be mapped, your SFDC custom object has to be linked to either lead, contact or accounts.

When you are done, do not forget to reenable the sync.

-Greg

Irwin_Horowitz
Level 2

Hi Greg and All,

We would like to be able to create tokens for Salesforce custom object fields.  Reading the Velocity script documentation, this seems doable by using Marketo custom objects.

Marketo Objects » Marketo Developers

We have a custom application object that is linked only to the SF Contact object--no Lead object relationship.  I am confused as the whether it's possible to access the object data using a trigger and a mail script.  Does the data need to be moved to a Marketo custom object from the SF custom object via a trigger.  When I try to create a token, I'm not seeing any available object.

I'm a newbie so if this question is way off the mark-- you'll understand. Maybe it's not possible.   I'm not finding the Marketo Developer's documentation fully explaining the steps.

Thanks - Irwin

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Irwin,

You need to go to admin -> Salesforce Objects Sync and sync your custom object to Marketo. This will create a Marketo custom object that you will be able to use in the velocity script.

See SFDC Sync: Custom Object Sync - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

-Greg