I'm attempting to change a trigger campaign to batch. We currently have a trigger that ignites once an individual is "added to a SFDC campaign". Since this trigger is not reliable (it's not always firing) we need to change this to a daily batch, but I have quickly realized none of the current filters will suffice:
1. 'Campaign was Requested': you cannot add a constraint explicitly stating only a SFDC campaign
2. 'Member of SFDC Campaign': there ins't a date constraint to only pull in prospects added in a certain time frame.
After coming across this post my suspicion was confirmed - there currently is no filter for 'was added to SFDC campaign' in MKTO. Does anyone have a work around or another way to thinking about this? Or am I just stuck with a trigger that only works 50% of the time?
Thanks in advance!
"campaign was requested" is for Marketo smart campaigns only, not for SFDC one.
Use the "SFDC Created date" constraint, it relates to when the campaign membership was created into Marketo.
Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it.
So after testing this idea, I don't think that the 'SFDC Created Date' relates to the campaign membership created in MKTO. When I added this constraint, it pulled in 58k people which seemed odd to me.
Then taking a sample, these prospects weren't added to a SFDC today.
Thanks Greg! I'll keep playing around to see if I find anything else to help.
I will run a test on this... It may mean the date at which the campaign was created or the date at which the lead was created, but it would make no sense...
In the case that a record was already created in SFDC, this wouldn't be much help, would it? For instance, a record may exist in SFDC with multiple campaigns. They could potentially have been created in SFDC long before they were added to the campaign you're looking for.
I've run into a situation where this would be a really handy filter to have. Haven't been able to find an adequate workaround.
I'm really interested in why the Trigger only works some of the time?
Have you experimented with the "Status is Changed in SFDC Campaign"? That has a 'Date of Activity' constraint. I usually use this instead, but that is a very specific flow related to one SFDC Campaign so it may not work for what you're trying to accomplish.
Yep - me too. At both companies I have worked for, I have chatted with MKTO support on this issue many times. Basically the response is - the more triggers you have, the more you're asking Marketo to do, the more chance of something not running.
Josh Hill speaks more on how an influx of triggers can cluster up and slow down your MKTO operations as well, another reason we were attempting to change triggers to batches if we can: Load Balancing in Marketo
Thank you for your suggestion! I'll think about it a bit more, but think it may be too niche into one campaign while we are really just trying to say "anyone that has any SFDC campaign ignited... do XYZ". Thank you again!