Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SFDC and Markto Sync -BP

Hi all

What is the best practice for marketo and sfdc sync

1. Do we sync all leads in Marketo to SFDC by default. 1:1 sync

or

2. Do we only sync leads who are more sales ready to SFDC via campaign sync.

What is the best practice, and if we are currently following no.2 what are the implicaitons on moving to no.1.

Also what are the pros and cons of doing this.What should we look out for and the challenges we may face.

Please advice
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: SFDC and Markto Sync -BP

I agree with Drew that it is better to just sync all the leads, dropping pre-MQLs into a queue or user that holds them back from Sales. When they reach MQL, you assign them to the territory or sales person.

The other route is fine, but any time you hold back leads, you have to have enough leads to feed Sales and enough to nurture separately.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is entirely up to you based on what fits best into your sales qualification process. I like to do a global sync between Marketo and SFDC, but then only assign leads to our sales qualification reps once they've crossed a lead scoring threshold. This way, there's a single pane of glass in the organization for our database.

If you were to take the second route, I'd probably recommend setting up a sync trigger that syncs leads as they cross into the appropriate revenue cycle stage. I could see doing this if you have a larger sales qualification team, concerns about the size of your SFDC database, or more complex lead routing processes. 
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I agree with Drew that it is better to just sync all the leads, dropping pre-MQLs into a queue or user that holds them back from Sales. When they reach MQL, you assign them to the territory or sales person.

The other route is fine, but any time you hold back leads, you have to have enough leads to feed Sales and enough to nurture separately.