SF/Maketo forms vs campigns

Nurture_Ninja
Level 3

SF/Maketo forms vs campigns

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding a setup that involves using multiple CRM systems and marketing automation platforms connected to one website. The website contains Marketo forms, and the data flows to a Salesforce (SF) instance. Additionally, there are Pardot forms on the same site, and the data flows to another Salesforce instance. Since the website has four language versions, there are four versions of the same form.

My specific inquiry is whether we need separate SF/Marketo campaigns for each version of the form. Your insights and advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: SF/Maketo forms vs campigns

My specific inquiry is whether we need separate SF/Marketo campaigns for each version of the form. Your insights and advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Separate SF/Marketo campaigns for what? Did you instead mean creating separate synced Marketo Programs <-> SFDC Campaigns to track interactions/add members based on form fills?

Nurture_Ninja
Level 3

There are 4 versions of each Marketo forms on the website - one for each language. 

The ultimate objective is to reporting at SF campaign level or Marketo program level.

Do I need a separate campaign for the various form versions or can I just use a single SF campaign/Marketo program and connect it to all 4 versions of the forms?

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Well, here are my thoughts: Assuming you'd have the same Program status values for each of the forms, you can create a single synced Marketo Program and SFDC campaign. If you want separate statuses for each form, you're better off creating separate campaigns instead. But I think that's not super necessary as you'd have Form Fill activity logged for each of the regional forms in Marketo itself in case you need to go that granular. Creating multiple programs and campaigns would be a bit redundant especially if the status values are going to be the same, and it'd warrant you to create a new program/SFDC campaign each time you create a new regional form. Lastly, I'm also curious whether you've explored the possibility of creating a single form with translations instead of having multiple forms for each translated content.

Jessica_Dobson3
Level 1

Hi Nurture_Ninja

If you're tracking the forms in the same way, I think you can use one program per form type/set (e.g. Demo Request in English, Spanish, French and German) and one channel for web forms (e.g. Demo Request, Contact Us). The key is to standardize and think globally as much as possible.

For example, rather than have a channel for each form type (Demo Request, Contact us) where the statuses are specific like 

1. Viewed Demo Page
  2. Requested Demo
  3. Attended Demo

try taking it a level higher like

1. Viewed Page
  2. Filled Out Form
  3. Engaged

That way, you keep a handle on the number of channels and don't have a mess for reporting sake. 

If the same actions should be taken in Marketo regardless of which language option, you can use one program and even one campaign that's triggered by all four forms. If you need to take different actions based on the language, you could use either a single smart campaign with choice steps or separate smart campaigns in a single program. 

And as long as we're talking about multiple language support, I want to make sure you're familiar with Dynamic Content, which can make supporting several languages much easier: Understanding Dynamic Content.

Hope that helps!

Jess