Re: Setting up smart campaign for dynamic email content

Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting up smart campaign for dynamic email content

Hi,

I have created a segment called ‘Target List’ – the segmentations being a different set of leads to be sent a different version of the email. I.e. Segmentations are 1) Customer 2) Tradeshow attendees (specific tradeshow) 3) Purchased marketing leads.

I have created the dynamic content for each of the segmentations and am ready to send the email. However I’m not sure of how to set up the smart list for the smart campaign to send the email. Do I do 3 separate smart campaigns with each smart list as each of those target lists (but this defies the point of having the segmentation) or do I combine all leads from each 3 lists into one master list in excel then re-upload as a static list and send once to all of those – and the segmentation will ensure that each lead gets the right dynamic content?

The confusion has been caused by the fact that the segmentations are the target lists…

Thanks.
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your smart list will bethe 3 lists.  You can use the segment filter or "member of smart list" to define the smart list in the campaign. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cheryl -

I am working with Chris on this... to confirm - do you mean one smart campaign to send the email with the smart list being 'member of program true, program is': and then select the 3 smart lists?

Thanks,

Jess

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I meant 'member of smart list' in the previous reply, not member of program.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the population of leads you are trying to send to are in the 3 smart lists then you can use the Member of Smart List filter with the 3 smart lists selected.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cheryl - that helps 🙂

Jess