Re: Setting Up Nurture (Drip) Campaigns

Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting Up Nurture (Drip) Campaigns

I'm having trouble with getting leads to progress through a nurture campaign. I have a 3-step drip campaign that I want to execute. Upon completion of my form I have an email that is sent out to the individual (this is email #1). I also created a nurture program with a stream that contains emails #2 & #3 and defined the cadence for delivery on Tuesdays at 10 a.m. Lastly, I created a trigger that takes those that complete the form and puts them into the nurture program. I can get email #2 to deliver, but I get a message that says my "cast is exhausted." However, it hasn't sent out my 3rd email and it doesn't look as though it is scheduled to. Do I need to do something in particular to get the 3rd email to send? I've read the Marketo documentation, but it wasn't clear on what the process should look like. I would appreciate any help!

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have any insight on this item? I would greatly appreciate some help on this one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jon,

Could you send a screen shot of how your trigger campaign that adds members to the nurture flow?

Julie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Julie. Attached are a few screenshots from inside the trigger campaign. Let me know if you need additional views. Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 2.15.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-01 at 2.16.05 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jon, from the screen shot it looks like you have a total of 1 stream set up with 2 emails. Where is your third email being hosted and how are you triggering members into it? If it is in another engagement program then it would make sense that the cast has exhausted because in this particular stream it only had 2 emails to deploy to instead of 3. Let me know if I am understanding correctly.

Thanks,

Julie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Julie. The initial email is sent out as part of a separate campaign after the form is initially completed. I wanted to take those individuals and put them into a nurture campaign with a couple of additional emails with relevant content (this is the trigger/stream that was in the screenshot earlier). As of right now, only the first email of those two emails is being sent before the stream is exhausted. How do I get the second email in that stream to send?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it.

It looks like your first email was created just after 10am on the 26th which means your first send of "blog post 1" would not have gone out until this Tuesday June 30th and your "blog post 2" email would have deployed at 9:30am today. You may want to check to see if it did deploy today. If not, I am lost for answers.

Let me know if it did deploy today. Good luck!