Attention: The Marketo Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

SOLVED

Setting event partner after members are in the event

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting event partner after members are in the event

I made a total newbie mistake and didn't set my event partner (WebEx). Now my webinar event has members. Is there anywyay to recover at this point and set the event partner?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Setting event partner after members are in the event

What you can do is take the leads who have already registered and run a smart campaign on them and register them in the new program.  Once you have the event and webex connected, Marketo will push them into WebEx.  You can confirm they are registered by viewing them in WeBex or look to see if the Webinar URL got populated in the members grid in the program. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately there is not.  Did you already send out the invite?  Tell me where you are in the process so I can give you some suggestions.  If the members are test members they can easily be removed.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Cheryl. I figured that was the case.

Yes, I already sent the first invite and have about 20 registrants.

Here's what I'm doing:
 - Cloning the original bad campaign and setting the event partner correctly in the new campaign.
 - I'll start promotions at my second reminder invitation, and create a smart list to pull in members of the original bad program that were invited but not registered. 
- I'll then send out my reminders to a smartlist that includes registrants from the bad program, and registrants from the new good program.

I think this should work.

The only thing I can't figure out is how to get the registrants from the bad program into WebEx. Should I just manually enter them myself in WebEx.
Anonymous
Not applicable

What you can do is take the leads who have already registered and run a smart campaign on them and register them in the new program.  Once you have the event and webex connected, Marketo will push them into WebEx.  You can confirm they are registered by viewing them in WeBex or look to see if the Webinar URL got populated in the members grid in the program. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

That worked perfectly!  Thanks so much for your help.

-Bill 
Nora_Slattery3
Level 4

Thank you Cheryl!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would it also work to export the event members, remove Program membership of these registrants in marketo, set up the event, and the reimport?