SOLVED

Re: Setting Email Invalid to False for past email address updates - How?

Go to solution
ss-arplus
Level 2

Setting Email Invalid to False for past email address updates - How?

Hi all

We have an unknown number of records that were flagged Email Invalid over the past couple of years, but have subsequently had the email address updated in SFDC by our sales team. Until today, we didn't have a Smart Campaign in place that identified changes to the Email Address field and switched Email Invalid to False.

I tried creating a batch campaign looking for historic email address changes - but this doesn't seem to work. I assume this is related to the data retention period of 90 days.

Any advice or workaround would be appreciated. Concerned we have a good number of records in our database that now have valid email addresses but are still flagged invalid...

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Can’t imagine any solution other than using an email validation service (from scratch).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Can’t imagine any solution other than using an email validation service (from scratch).
ss-arplus
Level 2

I imagine this isn't a good approach as it may impact email deliverability etc going forward - but what about switching all Email Invalid flags to False, and starting the screening/validation process for scratch?

SanfordWhiteman

That’s exactly what I meant. If you don’t know who’s invalid, run them through a validator.