SOLVED

Setting Acquisition

Go to solution
Mariana
Level 2

Setting Acquisition

Hello everyone,

I have a question related to setting acquisition in a list import. I know marketo sets automatically the acquisition program when importing people into that specific program, but let´s assume i am importing someone that is already in our database, will this person have a new acquisition campaign (this list import program) or will it stay with the acquisition program that created him in our systems.

I guess my question is if it changes all the time or just for those who haven´t an acquisition program yet.

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
jsiebert
Level 4

Re: Setting Acquisition

Hi @Mariana 

Acquisition Program only is updated for new people only! People currently in your database will not be tied to the acquisition program for your list import. 

Jack Siebert

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It’s admittedly fine print, but like @jsiebert says:

SanfordWhiteman_0-1702401349364.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jsiebert
Level 4

Hi @Mariana 

Acquisition Program only is updated for new people only! People currently in your database will not be tied to the acquisition program for your list import. 

Jack Siebert
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It’s admittedly fine print, but like @jsiebert says:

SanfordWhiteman_0-1702401349364.png

Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@Mariana For marketing you want the first & only acquisition program associated with a lead - how and when did you capture the details/consent of new people coming into your database.

This is so that the program or marketing campaign is credited with acquiring the person and can be used for analysis and campaign performance.

The acquisition program will also identify the channel so you can see if the new person came in via webinar, form fill or list upload.

You should only add the specific program name if Acquisition Program name is EMPTY (this also indicates a new person being added to your database)

If you add period cost then you can also determine the cost/value of each new lead via the acquisition program.

Hope this helps.