Set up the GA tracking for Marketo landing page, where I can find the Marketo user ID

Lily_Li
Level 1

Set up the GA tracking for Marketo landing page, where I can find the Marketo user ID

I want to set up the google analytics for Marketo landing page. I found a guide online, it says I can set up the property tracking on GA by enter the Marketo user ID. Where I can find the Marketo user ID?

Is it working to follow the guide on the URL below to set up the GA tracking for Marketo landing page visits?

https://www.demandlab.com/insights/blog/the-ultimate-google-analytics-and-marketo-integration-guide/

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Set up the GA tracking for Marketo landing page, where I can find the Marketo user ID

You need to explain exactly what you're trying to see in GA.

Neither the Marketo Lead ID (if that's what you mean) nor the Marketo Munchkin cookie(s) are necessary for everyday GA tracking. Some use these factors for additional session unification. But you have to tell us your detailed requirements.

Lily_Li
Level 1

Re: Set up the GA tracking for Marketo landing page, where I can find the Marketo user ID

Hi, thank for your quick response. I want to track all the Marketo landing page visits (pageview, CTA )

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

No reason to do anything special for what you've described. Just set up GA normally.

Lily_Li
Level 1

What you mean just set up GA normally? Do you mean I need set up the GA tracking on the landing page template? Or I can set up the GA to track all the Marketo emails and landing page traffic bring to website?

If I want to track the Marketo email links on GA, what should I do? Add the UTM code for each email links?

thanks

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

The blog post tells you how to set up your GA code in your landing page template and include the Marketo Lead ID

pastedImage_0.png