Set Up Follow Up Campaign on First Email Campaign

Akhilesh_Rano
Level 1

Set Up Follow Up Campaign on First Email Campaign

Hi All,

I am planning to send out Email campaign which will contain three emails. I want to send to one email and 2 follow up to same email. Is there any way to send out follow up emails in first email thread itself??

Appreciate your help.

Thank You,
Akhilesh

6 REPLIES 6
Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

Re: Set Up Follow Up Campaign on First Email Campaign

You can achieve this by using wait step, and referencing a smart list (where you define criteria of who should get the follow up) in a constraint to send the follow up email.

Balkar_Singh_0-1608287971532.png

Akhilesh_Rano
Level 1

Thank You Balkar, I tried this but I recived same email as follow up. Also  I want to set campaign in such a way that all email will go in one thread not as new thread. Can you help me with this. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Thank You Balkar, I tried this but I recived same email as follow up.

You need to select a new email asset, of course. The "follow up"-ness of an email is decided by the content.

Also  I want to set campaign in such a way that all email will go in one thread not as new thread. Can you help me with this. 

You can't create an actual thread of cross-referenced emails, if that's what you mean.

You can attempt to fake a single thread with "Re:", but it's misleading and IMO cringey. There's no need to misrepresent the fact that you're using a marketing automation tool! Just be honest and send engaging content.

Akhilesh_Rano
Level 1

Thanks sanfordWhiteman for response. but I am still confuse in creating follow up on same thread. Let me share screenshot of what I want to achieve. 

MArketo_Query.png

Can we do this? we are not intending to fake response just wanted to continue the intent of first message as follow up intent so that it will link prospect well. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can reuse the same Subject line. It won't be an actual thread, but some email clients will group by/thread by the Subject. They're under no obligation to group messages that way, though.

Also, from a marketing automation perspective, the particular sequence of emails in your screenshot seems strange. You should know if someone has registered for the event or not, that's the intent of automation!

Akhilesh_Rano
Level 1

Got it,  Registering session was just example that I created to explain what exactly I was looking and  not case that I want to resolve. 

Thanks and appreciate that you take out time and tried to address my query. 🙂