Re: Set success campaign with A/B test

mmaidment
Level 2

Set success campaign with A/B test

I am trying to create a "Set Success" campaign for an email that I did an A/B test on. When I try to use the filter, "Opened Email," the only option it gives me is "EMAIL NAME. Subject Line Test." 

Since the email went out this morning, do I need to give it more time for the entire email (not the subject line test) to be an option in the "Opened Email" filter?

Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hello @mmaidment, When you add A/B test to an email in the Email Program, it appears as Email Program Name.Test Name in the filter drop down. You can totally choose and consider that as the email name in the filter, and it should garner the same result as it would if you had an email w/o the AB test. It's just that Marketo references the emails with the AB test configured a little differently than the other emails w/o an AB test.

You may not require this for this particular campaign, but as a side note: if you ever want to filter activities for a particular version of the email, you can always use the Test Variant constraint available in all email-related filters.

Darshil_Shah1_1-1691093466174.png

mmaidment
Level 2

Hi @Darshil_Shah1 - thanks for getting back to me! It seems like the success campaign is only targeting the A/B test, and I would like it to apply to the entire email. For instance, on the scheduling tab -> it says it will affect about 100 people, but it really should be closer to 700 for the entire email. What do you think about this instance?

Darshil_Shah1

When you say entire email, do you probably mean all email opens of this email including the ones that were logged as a part of the AB test send and other campaign sends? Also, in that case, was this same email asset sent by multiple programs/campaigns, one of them being an Email program with the subject line AB test added to it?

Also, could I please know the source of 700 opens? Did you get this number from the email performance report or by running a smart list? Also, just would like to mention that Opens are probably not the best success criteria due to potential bot activities. FWIW, you may be marking a lot of people as reached success even though they didn't actually open the email.

mmaidment
Level 2

Yes, all email opens including the A/B test.

Darshil_Shah1

Gotcha! Usually, users clone and use the asset being used in an Email program at other places.

Again, what is your point of reference for the 700 opens? Are you referencing the Opens from and email performance report? Just an FYI, there could be a difference in the email opens b/w what is shown in the email performance report and the smart list, campaigns run based on the smart list, and hence the activities that are logged in the activity log are only considered. Smart lists don't backfill opens based on clicks/unsubscribes, unlike the email performance report.