Re: Set Daily SFDC Task Limit

Anonymous
Not applicable

Set Daily SFDC Task Limit

I have a task created in SFDC each time an MQL's lead score is changed. I also want to create a task when a lead completes the Contact Us form on our website (so the sales team can follow up immediately). The issue is that my sales team will receive a duplicate task once the demographic score is run at 8pm each night (which will almost always push that lead past the MQL threshold). Is there a rule that I can create where only one SFDC task is created per lead each day? 

The only work around I was able to find is Member of Smart Campaign is Contact Us Form, or Filled of Form is Contact Us Form ---Do Nothing---, but that will exclude the lead from having tasks created for any future activities they perform.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Jessica_Cross1
Level 6

Could you change the rules under schedule of the smart campaign to only run once per day, so the sales rep only get's one alert per day?

Also, what are you looking to achieve by alerting the rep when the score grows higher after the lead has cross the threshold to behing an MQL?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have the MQL smart campaign running once per day, but the Contact Us form submit is a separate smart campaign.

A contact can be an MQL for a long period of time depending on the frequency and degree to which they respond to my marketing programs. I want my sales team following up if that contact performs a significant activity, whether or not they're a new MQL or have had that status for some time.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I understand your situation correctly, what if you created another score field (in Marketo only) that would dictate whether or not they could get a task? Something like "Task Score"

For example, in your flow for every campaign where a task is created:

1. Create Task
2. Change Score "Task Score" +1
3. Wait 24 hours
4. Change Score "Task Score" -1

Then, on every Create Task flow step that you want, add a choice prior to the task being created that says IF Task Score is greater than 0, do nothing. This way, only those who haven't had a task created in the past 24 hours will get another task.

If you want to only limit your daily 8PM run to only create a task if one wasn't created that day, only apply the Create Task choice to that campaign.