SOLVED

Sending welcome email with trigger campaign not working

Go to solution
PascaleC
Level 2

Sending welcome email with trigger campaign not working

Hi all, 

I'd like to ask for your advice. I would like to send out an automated email to all new contacts that are added to an existing account. We've created a new field on Sfdc to track those contacts and named it 'Send welcome email'. 

I used this attribute in my Data Value Changes Trigger and added the new value to be 'true'. Note that there was no value before that. After reading some posts, I saw that it might be good to also include a trigger: Person is created. So I added that. 

Unfortunately, the campaign is not triggering any email. Can someone share their learnings for this type of email? 

Thank you! 

Screenshot 2022-02-28 at 16.29.15.pngScreenshot 2022-02-28 at 16.29.31.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PascaleC
Level 2

Re: Sending welcome email with trigger campaign not working

Thank you both! 

I finally figured it out and it was because those contacts were not marketable and the email was not operational. So it's working ok now. I also took into consideration your suggestions! 

Appreciate it 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Did you see the "Send welcome email" field update to TRUE in the test record's activity log in Marketo? If so, can you please ensure that the record is Marketable in-case this is a non-operational email?

Additionally, couple of items below:

IMO you should include following filters in your campaign's SL:

• SFDC Type = Contact
  • "Send welcome email" = TRUE since you're using a Person is created trigger, and
  • Company Name <> Empty since you wanna target contact records associated with accounts.

In the Person is created trigger, you wanna say source type = salesforce as you won't create new contact records from Marketo.

Post these changes, you can activate the smart campaign and create a new/update an existing contact record's Send welcome email field to TRUE. 

Kaitlyn_Simko
Level 4

I think you should also add a filter for Send welcome email = true, or else there is no criteria for the Person is Created filter.

PascaleC
Level 2

Thank you both! 

I finally figured it out and it was because those contacts were not marketable and the email was not operational. So it's working ok now. I also took into consideration your suggestions! 

Appreciate it 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

That's awesome, @PascaleC! 🙂