Re: Sending Mass Email Blast via Sales Insight?

Alexis_D_Alba1
Level 5

Sending Mass Email Blast via Sales Insight?

hi there,

Has anyone heard of sending a mass email via sales insight causing issues with cookies being crossed? We've been experiencing issues with cookies being crossed for leads in our database and I was told that Sales Insight is the culprit because it is not meant for sending mass emails.  I was  informed that marketo will only generate unique tokens for the first email sent, and if anyone else clicks a link in the email they will have the first lead's cookie attached to their browser. I did not realized this was expected behavior. Is this common knowledge?

5 REPLIES 5
Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Hi Alexis,

Are you sending emails using Marketo Sales Insight in Salesforce, or are you using the Sales Insight plug-in for Gmail or Outlook?  The behavior you are describing is expected for Sales Insight emails sent via the Outlook/Gmail plugin, but not for Sales Insight in MSD.

Alexis_D_Alba1
Level 5

We are not using the outlook or Gmail plugin

Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Hi Alexis,

If you are sending emails via Sales Insight in Salesforce, each lead receiving the sales email should be cookied and tracked individually.

Alexis_D_Alba1
Level 5

That was always my assumption, except Marketo Support told me otherwise. So i'm a bit confused.

"i've been looking into your symptoms and I believe that an may have been mass-sent out of Sales Insight. This will populate tokens and generate unique URL's, but only for the first lead in the mass send list. If anybody else clicks links in the email, they will have the first lead's cookie attached to their browser. Sales Insight is designed for individualized emails, not for mass sending, which is why it has this behavior."

Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

They may be confusing the behavior of Sales Insight for SFDC with the behavior for Sales Insight for Outlook/Gmail.  Not knowing the case, I go much deeper than that, but you might ask for clarification in the case.