Sending Emails in Japanese

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending Emails in Japanese

Hi everyone,

We have begun sending emails out in Chinese, Japanese and Korean. We are running into a few issues and I was wondering if anyone has any solutions to these? We noticed that some of the characters (mostly Japanese) don't have many spaces between characters. To remedy this, we added word-break:break-all; to all td with text. This did fix the issue, however, now we are noticing that the punctuation is going onto its own line. Is there a solution to this besides adding a hard <br/>?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sending Emails in Japanese

Off topic question: We are introducing a Japanese language section to the site in two months. Do you have any suggestions for it?

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hi Amanda,

Have you considered simply wrapping your text in paragraph tags? When writing LTR Japanese it isn't that uncommon to use paragraph structure. This shouldn't be a rendering issue based on this very quick codepen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Courtney, I'll give this a try. The problem is we want everything flowing fluidly across all email clients and Internet browsers without any additional spaces. I'm not sure this solution will help the word wrapping and breaking in not appropriate places though.