Sending emails in different languages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending emails in different languages

We send emails in multiple languages using the language selected by the customer on our website as their "language preference".  I just wanted to confirm that the way to set this up within Marketo is to create a Language Segmentation.  Are there any other options?  Are there any articles or presentations available that demonstrate the creation and use of a segmentation for this purpose?  If you have any tips / tricks / best practices to share for how to set this up, please do. 

Thanks!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sending emails in different languages

I've created custom fields for each language (Language Preference - Spanish, etc) and map that to the language preference on our website. When sending an email you can either add the contraint in the email flow or filter out languages in the smart list.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using segmentations, you  create just one email and populate the segments with the content in the appropriate language.  I think this is most simple way to go. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have more questions about globalisation let us know. But as the others said, it is easiest to use a segment to create dynamic content & vary the language that way.
Marie_Ligier
Level 4

Hi Kristie,

We use segmentation and are happy with it, it allows us to consolidate results, and email performance information.

Concerning articles and presentations you'll find a lot here about segmentation and dynamic content :

http://community.marketo.com/Marketodeepdive?id=kA5500000008QOGCA2

Here is my tip to save time 🙂
If you have a English segment and if you want to use the English language to edit the Default content, edit the default content first and don't edit the English content too, as if a content is not edited for a segment the default content will be sent.
Marie