SOLVED

Re: sending 4 emails in one day and I want to delay the 4th one

Go to solution
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

sending 4 emails in one day and I want to delay the 4th one

I have 4 emails going out in one day and there's a big chance that some of the people are on the same campaigns.  The first 3 campaigns are publication broadcasts that are opted-in, but the last one is not and that one is suppose to go out at 2 pm.

But what I want to do is if the first 3 emails go out at 6 am, 10 am and 1 pm and the 4th email is suppose to go out at 2 pm, I want to push it at a later time if the members of the campaign were sent the first 3 emails. otherwise send it out at 2 pm.  

What's the best way to do this?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Michelle,

On average we send between 10-35 email campaigns in a single day at least once a week, so I can definitely shed some light 🙂

Create a static list and add a step to the flow of each of your email campaigns that adds every lead that is sent one of your three email campaigns to that static list (i.e. "was sent email campaign Day/Month/Year") In the smart list in the smart campiagn for your 2 PM send, add a filter that says member of list NOT in your static list. This will ensure that any lead that was sent one of your other emails will not get the 2 PM send.

Then when you are ready to email these leads again later, use the same smart list that you used for the 2 Pm send, but just add a filter to your smart list that says member NOT in your static list, and the remainder will be the leads that received one of your original 3 emails and that you now want to send your other one.

Hope this helps!
-Gary

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Michelle,

On average we send between 10-35 email campaigns in a single day at least once a week, so I can definitely shed some light 🙂

Create a static list and add a step to the flow of each of your email campaigns that adds every lead that is sent one of your three email campaigns to that static list (i.e. "was sent email campaign Day/Month/Year") In the smart list in the smart campiagn for your 2 PM send, add a filter that says member of list NOT in your static list. This will ensure that any lead that was sent one of your other emails will not get the 2 PM send.

Then when you are ready to email these leads again later, use the same smart list that you used for the 2 Pm send, but just add a filter to your smart list that says member NOT in your static list, and the remainder will be the leads that received one of your original 3 emails and that you now want to send your other one.

Hope this helps!
-Gary

Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Thanks Gary!  That helps.  Just a little more work on my end.  😞