SOLVED

Send old email to new contact

Go to solution
Franky_Ruyssch2
Level 4

Send old email to new contact

Following problem:

2 days back we have send an email to our contacts.

Today we got new contacts via our CRM system.

Is there a way to manually send the old email to the new contacts? do i have to create a campaign?

Note that not all new contacts have to receive this email, we should select them by hand.

Same situation can happen tomorrow, next week...

Franky Ruysschaert
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Re: Send old email to new contact

Hi Franky Ruysschaert​,

You can use the smart list and flow as depicted below.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

This way, all new leads from CRM will be added to this static list. Since you mentioned pastedImage_2.png, you can remove the  new contacts that you do not want to send the emails from this list and include the list in the below smart campaign

pastedImage_7.png

pastedImage_5.png

This way the email would go to all leads who came from the CRM (Who have been filtered by you).

Optional Step

Additionally I would also like to point out that, for pastedImage_8.png, if there is any criteria that can be defined to remove the new leads that you dont wan to send the email to, Then that criteria can be defined in another smart campaign (as shown below) and then, this campaign can be requested in the initial "Add to list" campaign. Flow screenshot attached below.

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_9.png

This way, it would be possible for you to automate the process, but for the Optional step  to work, its crucial that you define the criteria for the leads to whom you don't want to send the email. If the criteria is not defined and you want to remove new leads manually, then the first part of my answer will work.

Hope this helps.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Abhishek_Chand2
Level 5

You must create a trigger with criteria so that particular contacts should get filter and in flow action you can set to send the mail. So every time when a new contact comes in CRM who fulfills the given criteria, email will be sent.

Abhishek Chandra
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Franky Ruysschaert​,

You can use the smart list and flow as depicted below.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

This way, all new leads from CRM will be added to this static list. Since you mentioned pastedImage_2.png, you can remove the  new contacts that you do not want to send the emails from this list and include the list in the below smart campaign

pastedImage_7.png

pastedImage_5.png

This way the email would go to all leads who came from the CRM (Who have been filtered by you).

Optional Step

Additionally I would also like to point out that, for pastedImage_8.png, if there is any criteria that can be defined to remove the new leads that you dont wan to send the email to, Then that criteria can be defined in another smart campaign (as shown below) and then, this campaign can be requested in the initial "Add to list" campaign. Flow screenshot attached below.

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_9.png

This way, it would be possible for you to automate the process, but for the Optional step  to work, its crucial that you define the criteria for the leads to whom you don't want to send the email. If the criteria is not defined and you want to remove new leads manually, then the first part of my answer will work.

Hope this helps.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage