Re: Send email with attachment according to radio button selected

Anonymous
Not applicable

Send email with attachment according to radio button selected

I would like to send an email with a report according to the radio button that the user selects. How do you do this?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, you can't directly send attachments but I'd make a landing page per report and store the requested report type on the lead as a custom field.

Then the trigger campaign can email a link to the right one.

-Erik
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response. I am confused by your statement "store the requested report type on the lead as a custom field." Can you explain in more depth. Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean that you should  make a new field called something like "requested content" and then use it in a form.

This article (http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KypGCAS) explains how to make custom fields.This article (http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyqPCAS) explains how to make a form.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erik,

I am still not sure this is answering my question, and/or I think I may not have been clear in what I am looking for. I have a form that includes a field with radio buttons asking users which report they would like to recieve. I would like to trigger an email with a link to the report (if a report cannot be sent via email) that the user selected they would like to receive. So basically, I just want to trigger an email send based on a custom field being filled out. Is this not possible?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn't sure how far you had gotten here. This helps.

You'll want to make a trigger campaign that triggers on Fills Out Form. In the flow, you'll want a send email step. You should make one email per link, and use the "Add Choice" option to have a different email be sent depending on your field value.